Volunteering abroad is not a new term in the world of traveling, especially amongst the millennial travelers. Every year, a gamut of college students, on their gap year, and other backpackers take up volunteering abroad as the platform to travel abroad. This gives them the opportunity to not just travel like any other tourist, but explore the destination like a native. The insights of a destinations, which one gets on a volunteering trip, is unmatched.
However, for a few, the concept of traveling on a gap year to volunteer work abroad is an unknown territory. Volunteering abroad is a way of traveling, which is not just all about travel adventures and repercussions, but also a lot about human emotions and connections.
Taking that into consideration, Volunteering Solutions came up with this great idea of showcasing the entire process of volunteering abroad, categorized into three different phases, and the emotions attached to every step; through these mind-blowing GIFs.
So, if you belong to the latter category, be attentive. Else, if you are aware of this concept, and have experienced it before, well, then you too remain attentive; as you don’t want to lose the connection.
1. Don’t know where to start from… and getting Confused!
2. Consulting friends, family, and online forums…. and Contemplating!
3. Finally, registering with a placement agency… and getting Nervous!
4. Getting all travel documents ready… being Busy!
5. Reading everything about your volunteer program; online… being updated!
6. All set to take your flight for the volunteering destination… being Excited!
7. Arriving at the airport to join your volunteer program, ready to face the action… with Motivation!
8. Meeting up with other volunteers and in-country staff… with Amiability!
9. Start working on your project… with Joy and Contentment!
And last, yet the most emotionally connected moment;
10. Finishing up with the sojourn and leaving back home… with Memories!
Can you think of a GIF that would reflect your thoughts on this article? Share it in the comment box. And to know more about volunteering abroad and registration process, get in touch at [email protected]
See author's posts
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.