Volunteer tasks under the orphanage program in India, Delhi
Joining a volunteer project for orphanage children in India brings along a high level of responsibility and dedication. Volunteer, typically, will be required to execute the following tasks;
- Help the children with their day to day activities such as: doing homework, making notes, playing with children
- Helping staff in organizing the orphanage center
- Exchanging cultural views
- Teaching and making them aware about health and hygiene.
- Volunteers can also take the kids out for picnics and for excursions.
- In some of the placements, volunteers can also assist in administrative tasks in the orphanage or in their fundraising activities. ?
Orphanage program schedule
Volunteers joining the orphanage program in India are required to follow a basic routine on a daily basis. This covers everything from meals to volunteer work and back. It must be noted that every placement functions at a different pace and on separate time-lines making the schedule slightly differ at times. A generic daily schedule for volunteers is as follows;
- Sunday : Arrival in Delhi
- Monday : Orientation + neighbourhood familiarization tour. Orientation session will be conducted by the local coordinator, covering topic areas; such as safety, culture, language, places to visit, behaviour, food, and other suggestion over things to do in Delhi. Those who chose the Language and Orientation Week will carry on with the same for the entire, rest of the volunteers will begin their volunteer work from Tuesday.
- Tue to Fri : Volunteer work
- Breakfast - 08:30 am onwards
- Working hours at the placement - 10:00 am (volunteers leave the accommodation by 09:30 am) to 04:00 pm
- Lunch - anywhere between 12:30 pm to 2:30 pm (volunteers have to manage lunch on their own expense)
- Dinner - 06:00 pm onwards
Weekends : Free to explore the city (No meal is provide on Sunday, as volunteers are encouraged to try the local cuisines.)
Note: Please note, the schedule may vary depending on the particular project the volunteer is participating in.
India Program Booking
Volunteering Solutions India Reviews
I liked staying in the volunteer houses, it made it easy to get to know everyone, interacting with volunteers from different parts of the world is fun..
I really enjoyed my time on this trip whether it's volunteering with children in Delhi or working at the elephant village in Jaipur. .
I think we can learn a lot about Hinduism even though we are people with a different religion, we are still friendly welcomed in all the temples to join the ceremony..
I liked meeting new friends and seeing new things. Especially liked the light and fountain show and Chokhi Dhani village person and elephants..
It is great to get to know so many people from all over the world. Even if we know each other only for some days or weeks it feels like we have been friends for ages..
Being in the OT and getting to see surgery are the highlight of my volunteering experience. These are procedures I wouldn't have access to back home..
Volunteering in the slums in Delhi, experiencing Indian culture including food, dress and traditions are few of my favorite moments from the whole India trip. .
Visiting the Taj Mahal and Marble Factory in Agra, witnessing tea plantation in Palampur and working with Elephants in Jaipur are few of my favorite moments..
I loved the trip, really has opened up my life to India. It shows how good a country is. I will definitely come back to India after falling in love with the country..
I really enjoyed playing with kids, teaching them, hanging out with other volunteers and learning more about the culture difference..
I absolutely recommend this program. It has been a real eye opener. I learned a great deal about Indian culture and myself!.
What makes this experience unforgettable is the kids. Also the different culture and the great people you meet from another part of the world. .
The in-country staff was very accommodating and helpful. The kids and the placement were the best part of this trip..
The food was delicious. It was a great taste of Indian culture. The accommodation was clean and tidy, very nice..
I made a very nice connection with the girls at the orphanage and still keep in touch with them via email. .
The kids were so cute and eager to learn. They loved having fun and were respectful. I will never forget them, and I am grateful .
The kids for sure the highlight of my trip. Their bright faces and love and energy will be in my memory forever. I wish I could bring them all home..
I really liked the different way of everyday life of Indian people. I enjoyed and admired the spectacular moments of India as well as the Indian culture..
I am so blessed to have been able to have this opportunity. The street children placement was perfect!.
Spending time with the women and staff at the centre is the highlight of my trip, now I have a full heart and a permanent smile..
Delhi - India Program Cost