At the orphanages, the children to caregiver ratio is very high typically resulting in caregivers not having the time to attend to children properly.Volunteer help in to provide necessary interaction with the children, to assist caretakers with the daily chores and involve in different activities. Volunteers don’t necessarily need caregiving experience; however they must have energy, enthusiasm, an open mind and an open heart. Most importantly volunteers must have a joy and desire to work with children.
The minimum project duration requirement for the program is 2 weeks.
Volunteer tasks under the childcare volunteer program in Philippines
As a volunteer working in this project, you will be asked to help in a wide range of activities at the orphanage depending on the age group of children and the needs of the project. Volunteer, typically, will be required to execute the following tasks;
- Help the staff with basic care duties during the day.
- Play with the children.
- Provide love and individual attention to each child.
- Help at Children’s home with cooking and cleaning.
- Try to engage the children in different activities; such as, sports, games, arts and, crafts.
- Help them come out and forget about their traumatic past.
- Devote their entire project to maintenance tasks like painting, tending grounds or fixing appliances; along with working for the children at the orphanage
Childcare volunteer program schedule
Volunteers joining childcare volunteer program in Philippines will be accommodated with a host family in Tacloban city. The accommodation facility is in close distance vicinity to the program placement. A typical volunteer schedule under this program is as follows;
- Sunday - Arrival
- Monday - Orientation. Orientation session will be conducted by the local coordinator, covering topic areas; such as safety, culture, language, places to visit, behaviour, food, another suggestion over things to do in Philippines.
- Tuesday to Friday - Volunteer Work
- Breakfast - 6:00 am
- Volunteer work - 08:00 am to 12:00 pm and 01:30 pm to 04:00 pm
- Lunch - 12:00 pm to 01:00 pm (volunteers need to arrange lunch at own cost. They can choose to go home and cook for lunch or can buy a meal at any of the nearest food joints.)
- Dinner - 06:00 pm onwards
Weekends - Free to explore the city
Note: Please note, the schedule may vary depending on the particular project the volunteer is participating on.
Philippines Program Booking
Volunteering Solutions Philippines Reviews
It's funny because you go into volunteering expecting to give, but in the end, you get more out of it than you could ever imagine..
At school the kids were so nice and so lovely, they relly enjoy having foreigners as teachers and they even make sure that one perceives their affection..
This volunteering experience was so rewarding and opened my eyes to the world around me. This opportunity has given me a new perspective and I felt like I was able to truly make a difference in the lives of those I worked with. .
For sure! I'm really glad to participate in the program. Teachers were very kind with us as well as the students. This was the opportunity I was looking for..
Philippines Program Cost