Tareas de los voluntarios en el marco del Programa Médico Voluntario en Kenia
Tareas de los voluntarios varían y dependen del nivel de experiencia, cualificación, formación médica, etc.
- Los estudiantes de medicina pre ayudan a los médicos y el personal locales en la realización de tareas básicas, tales como el control del peso y la temperatura de los pacientes, la limpieza de heridas y también haciendo tareas administrativas en la colocación.
- Los estudiantes de medicina general, ayudan en el control de la presión arterial, la sutura de heridas, haciendo rondas con los pacientes y trabajan en áreas de la salud materna, la cirugía, laboratorios, asesoramiento y pruebas, etc.
Programa Médico y de Salud Voluntarios Horario
Soluciones de Voluntariado ofrecen alojamiento en Nairobi en una casa de voluntarios. El horario para los voluntarios queda de la siguiente manera;
- Domingo - Llegada al destino del programa
- Lunes - Orientación. Sesión de orientación se llevará a cabo por el coordinador local, que cubre áreas temáticas; tales como la seguridad, la cultura, el idioma, lugares para visitar, el comportamiento, la comida, y otra sugerencia sobre cosas que hacer en Kenia.
- De martes a viernes - El trabajo voluntario
- Desayuno - 07:30 am en adelante (siempre en el alojamiento)
- Deja para el proyecto - 08:00 am
- Las horas de trabajo en la colocación - 09:00 a 16:00
- Almuerzo - 13:00-14:00 (voluntarios necesitan para gestionar el almuerzo por su cuenta)
- Cena - 07:30 pm en adelante (siempre en el alojamiento)
Fines de semana - libre para explorar la ciudad, y hacer actividades tales como;
- Visitar el orfanato de elefantes, jirafas centro, pueblo mamba
- Visitar los mercados locales y comprar recuerdos
- Ir a un safari
- Para aquellos dispuestos a viajar más lejos vaivén actividades divertidas, uno puede ir en bicicleta al Parque Nacional de Hells Gate en Naivasha (1,5 horas desde el alojamiento), escalar el monte Longonot (1,5 horas desde el alojamiento), o visite Thompson Falls (3 horas desde el alojamiento).
- También se podría ir a Mombasa y experimentar playas de arena
- Ir de excursión Mt. Kenia
Kenya Program Booking
Volunteering Solutions Kenya Reviews
An amazing experience was the safari in the Massai Mara and my trip to the Hell's Gate National Park. I would recommend every future volunteer to go there. .
Learning some Swahili, getting deep into Kenya with people, using transport, eating and living like locals is the highlight of my trip.
I was working in an orphanage in Nairobi with Volunteering Solutions. It was an incredible experience and you are made to feel incredibly welcome by the staff. .
I think one of the best parts was just meeting so many people from all over the world, but I of course loved working with the children also, as well as going on Safari. .
I loved my placement. Most of time they had enough work for me to do, and when they didn't i started cleaning rooms. I kept busy, just had to get creative. .
The pre departure booklet was very beneficial. It included all the information that we actually needed to know. I enjoyed working at the orphanage. And I think all the orphanages have been picked correctly for volunteers to go work there since they are in need for us..
I was in Africa for two weeks and i keep wishing i had more time there. I met some amazing people, had the experience of a lifetime . I have memories that are so deeply engraved in me i truly believe i will never ever forget them ..
My work in the orphanage was awesome!! I loved the children and the teachers were very nice too. My highlights were a very nice safari (I saw all the interesting animals) and an adventure trip to Mombasa (coast)..
I worked in Tigoni district hospital where I get to see several surgeries, give injections and give deliveries. I have conquered my fear of blood successfully while here.My favorite memory was the time we stayed up after dinner and had so much fun with other volu6nteers..
I loved my program placement and it was good to be around kids. Playing and talking with the children was the highlight of my trip. Kids enjoyed my presense and so did I..
The program placement fulfilled my expectations. The kids were great and filled with life. Meeting all the great African people was a great experience and the safari was also one of my highlight..
I really enjoyed my stay here in Nairobi and in orphanage. I felt safe and as a part of the group. The highlight was everyday I spent with kids, my room mates and the people on street. Our trips to safari. Everything was pretty fine. .
I enjoyed working at the hospital placement very much. I was very engaged in the activities and it was educational as well. I wish that I could stay longer. The highlight for me was the entire Kenya experience. .
I loved my placement and I enjoyed my time working with kids. they were the highlight from my volunteering trip to Kenya. .
I very much enjoyed working at my placement. Staff at the placement was very helpful and taught a lot of stuff. The placement provided with lots of hands on experience. Pre departure was extremely helpful. It provided with all the necessary information required for the program..
The project was really interesting. It was a good experience to teach the children and help out with sorting beans and washing shoes etc. The highlight was helping out the children and our trip to Mt. Longonot and Naivasha. .
The pre departure booklet was good and informative. I really really love my program placement as well. The highlight of my volunteering experience was the kids. On flower day - all children put flowers on their heads which was very nice too..
I very much enjoyed working at my placement. It was much fun and everybody was very nice. The highlight of my volunteering experience is the wonderful kids and the trips over the weekends..
The work in the hospital was interesting in that I could see the differences in the health care systems between Kenya and Canada. The staff were very welcoming. â€‹It was an amazing experience, and I am planning on another experience for next year, with two more coworkers who want to join me..
I enjoyed working at the project and placement where I had the possibility to work. My experience was very good, I would repeat it if I have the possibility to do it..