Stepping into 2022 feels surreal, and it's almost 2 years that the world has been dealing with the Coronavirus (and its variants!). On the whole, millions of people have been infected worldwide due to the virus, although the recovery rate has been impressive for quite some time now. While some countries have lost count of the panic waves, we're glad to say that the worst days are hopefully over - thanks to the vaccination drives and the booster shots.
We are here to tell you that after being shut for nearly the whole of 2020, Volunteering Solutions took baby steps to restart the projects by the first quarter of 2021 - we're extremely thankful to all the lovely souls who showed courage to step out of their comfort zones and joined us to help the society at large. Volunteers have joined us and worked in countries like Peru, Ghana, Costa Rica, Tanzania, Kenya, Sri Lanka amongst others, and you can check more about their updates on our Instagram page.
Currently, the majority of our programs are open and we need your support now, more than ever.
As we already mentioned, COVID-19 vaccines have made travel a lot safer than it was this time last year. Most countries have lifted their travel restrictions and local quarantine restrictions. All destinations have their own set of local covid rules and the local teams follow them. Most countries have removed protocols related to Covid isolation and projects.
Volunteering Solutions is relentlessly focusing on the well-being of the volunteers as well as the host communities across the globe. We are looking forward to hosting you, as you plan to travel and volunteer abroad in 2022 – 2023. With a bunch of incredibly meaningful and affordable volunteering opportunities, we expect you to have a journey worth cherishing.
For all of us, the stress from this pandemic means we yearn to travel more than ever. If you’ve been vaccinated, give yourself permission to enjoy your travels and make a difference.
It's time to start satisfying your wanderlust again!
Which programs are currently open for volunteers?
Currently, most of the countries across the globe have opened up their borders for international travelers and we have reopened our volunteer programs in those countries where the local government and public health guidelines deem it safe. As per the new travel guidelines, most of the countries will require proof of a recent negative Covid-19 test, taken 72 hrs prior to travel, as well as the vaccination certificate.
We're offering a flexible booking policy for all our volunteers who are keen to join us and make a difference in the post-pandemic world. In order to know more, you can check the CDC (Centres for Disease Control & Prevention) list of countries mentioning the risk factors associated with traveling.
Oceania and Pacific
For other locations and programs, we are accepting bookings for 2022 - 2023 and we'll update you soon about further reopenings.
Our Flexible Booking Policy
We’re offering the best we can! Participants can avail the flexible booking policy to change travel dates and program destination during this period of uncertainty. All volunteers can change their travel destination, volunteer project or trip dates free of cost as long as you contact us more than 14 days before your start date. If you don’t know when you will be able to travel, we can hold any program fee you’ve paid as a credit on your 'My Account', until you decide when to travel. Our flexible booking policy means that once you’ve paid your registration fee, your money is protected. Any program fee paid by the participants can be used as a credit towards a future trip. Currently we are only offering a travel credit facility for you to travel at a later date in case of any cancellation due to Covid 19 travel restrictions. We are not offering full cash refunds and only travel credits are being offered towards a future trip.
Covid-19 & Travel Insurance
Volunteering Solutions has partnered with Envisage Global Insurance to help provide our Program participants with comprehensive travel insurance. The policy is underwritten by Sirius and administered by IMG. Envisage Global Insurance is recognized as one of the leading providers of international insurance plans to organizations from all around the world that send and receive participants on cultural exchange and youth travel activities. The policy also covers medically necessary treatment related to COVID- 19/SARS-CoV-2.
Covid-19 & Volunteer Travel - FAQs
How can I change my travel dates and still go volunteering abroad in 2022-2023 (or maybe later)?
We know that your wanderlustful soul is keeping you on your toes - and we’re offering greater flexibility for changes to travel dates and destinations during this period of uncertainty when the world is still coping up from the pandemic woes. You can reschedule your volunteering trip abroad anytime in 2022 (or later) and we'll be glad to offer you the dates of your choice.
In case you don’t know when you will be able to travel, we shall be happy to hold your registration and any program fee you’ve paid as a credit on your ‘My Account’ until you decide when & where you'd want to travel to.
In case I want to book my volunteering trip now, what are the essential things that I need to consider?
Since our programs have already started to resume and you are planning to make your bookings now, make sure to keep the following in mind:
- Get a comprehensive Travel Insurance Policy and make sure it covers you for the eventualities that you are most concerned about.
- Book refundable flight tickets or wait until the situation gets better. Since we're flexible with changing your program dates & destination, we'd ask you to wait for some time now, and book your flights only when you're closer to your departure date.
- Do take care of yourself in the best possible manner, try to avoid going out if it's not extremely necessary, and follow the precautionary measures that have been rolled out by the international health organizations.
What are the necessary precautions being taken in this hour of need?
As they say, ‘Precaution is better than cure’ and we are strictly enforcing the following, across all our volunteering destinations, in order to minimize the risks associated with Covid-19. It's our first priority to ensure the well-being of the volunteers as well as the host communities.
- Volunteers will have to get tested before 72 hours of joining the program.
- Volunteers will have to abide by the health and safety guidelines provided during the orientation.
- Volunteers will have to maintain proper social distancing while working on the project.
- Volunteers will have to cooperate with the in-country staff, for disinfecting and sanitizing the accommodation & project site.
What are the precautions that should be taken on a regular basis for your well-being?
- Wear a mask whenever you step out.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, after eating, after you sneeze, cough, or blow your nose.
- If you do not have access to soap and water, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- If you have a fever, cough, and difficulty breathing, seek medical care at the earliest.
- Maintain distance from anyone who seems to be sick or is coughing and sneezing.
- Make sure you cover your nose and mouth while sneezing using a disposable tissue and dispose of it immediately.