Do not forget that Australia has one of the well preserved rainforests in the world that boasts of an exuberant wildlife; with Koalas, Kangaroos and, myriads of nationals parks. While the rainforests have seen their hay days, the maintenance and preservation is an ongoing process and requires due diligence.
Locations Volunteers can choose to work at:
- Sydney (as first gateway city only)
Note: Inform about your choice of location while filling the application form.
Volunteer tasks under the Conservation Program in Australia
Gap year travelers interested to volunteer work for conservation in program in Australia will be required to execute the following activities;
- Help in the conservation and preservation work as guided by the project coordinator.
- Help in the maintenance work and upkeep of the forests or allocated project area.
- Know about Australia’s wildlife -flora and fauna in detail.
- Gather knowledge about genus and nomenclature of the plant and animal cycle; perks for biology and science students.
Conservation Volunteers Schedule
Volunteers under the conservation volunteering program are provided placements in different cities of Australia. While the similar set of volunteer work and schedule is followed at each destination, the schedule may vary at times. A generic volunteer schedule while volunteering in Australia is;
- Friday - Arrival in Australia (the city of your choice to volunteer in) + Orientation. Orientation session will be conducted by the local coordinator, covering topic areas; such as safety, culture, language, places to visit, behaviour, food, and other suggestion over things to do in Australia.
- Sat and Sun - Free time to explore the city and know other volunteers.
- Mon to Fri - Volunteer Work
- Breakfast - 07:00 am onwards
- Working hours - 08:00 am to 12:00 noon and 01:00 pm to 04:00 pm
- Lunch - 12:00 pm onwards (lunch is either provided packed from the accommodation or at the placement)
- Dinner - 07:00 pm onwards
Weekends - Free to explore the city
Head to Uluru or the Great Barrier Reef after the conclusion of your project. Immerse in Aussie culture and share cold beers and indulge in beach barbecues. Surfing, bungee Jumping, Scuba Diving, White-water rafting are some of the perks attached to taking up this project! Check some adventurous activities in Australia.
Note: Please note, the schedule may vary depending on the particular project the volunteer is participating on.
Australia Program Booking
This project is not available between the following dates due to the festive season: 19/12/16- 05/01/17
Volunteering Solutions Australia Reviews
I enjoyed making a difference. I liked seeing tree kangaroos in person and knowing I was making a significant contribution. .
I learnt things about the native and introduced species of animals/incests. I felt like I had helped the community and made a difference. .
Australia Program Cost