- Girls aged 10 – 17 who have been sexually and/or physically abused.
- Young pregnant women and young mothers
While the first group of girls are those who have recently gone through, or are working through the emotional effects of going through a traumatic experience, the second group of girls are those who are in crisis and take shelter at the center. Some of these young women have been shunned by their families and communities for becoming mothers out of marriage. Others are women of varying ethnic backgrounds who have been raped, or abused. Our volunteers assist these two groups in different ways, depending upon their needs.
Volunteer tasks under the Women Empowerment Program in Thailand, Bangkok
Our volunteers assist these two groups in different ways, depending upon their needs. Typical volunteer activities under the women empowerment volunteering program in Thailand include;
- Assisting with teaching English
- Help teach arts and crafts
- Arrange activities that improve self-confidence and educational development
- Spend time and let the girls know that they are loved and have worth.
For young pregnent girls volunteers can contribute in the following manner;
- Assisting with teaching them English.
- Help them out by looking after the children
- Escorting the women for doctor’s appointments for them and their children.
- Volunteers with experience in handling babies and childcare can also assist the women and young mothers with tips and techniques of taking care of newborn baby.
Women Empowerment Volunteers Schedule
Volunteers joining the women empowerment volunteering program in Thailand, Bangkok are required to follow a basic routine on a daily basis. This covers everything from meals to volunteer work and back. It must be noted that every placement functions at a different pace and on separate time-lines making the schedule slightly differ at times. A generic daily schedule for volunteers is as follows;
- Friday : Arrival in Bangkok
- Saturday : Orientation + neighbourhood familiarization tour. Orientation session will be conducted by the local coordinator, covering topic areas; such as safety, culture, language, places to visit, behaviour, food, and other suggestion over things to do in Bangkok.
- Sunday : City tour of Bangkok + Language classes
- Mon to Fri : Volunteer work
- Breakfast - To be self-cooked (ration is provided at the accommodation)
- Working hours at the placement - 08:30 am to 12:00 pm and 01:30 - 04:00 pm
- Lunch - 12:00 pm onwards (Provided at the placement)
- Dinner - To be managed by volunteers on their own outside
Weekends : Free to explore the city and indulge in some great weekend activities in Bangkok
Note: Please note, the schedule may vary depending on the particular project the volunteer is participating in.
Thailand Program Booking
Volunteering Solutions Thailand Reviews
Going to a temple to teach children during the day was fun. We played lots of games and as a group bought lots of sweets to hand out to the children at the end. .
The 2 week special was definitely good because you could spend each week doing a different project. The projects in Thailand was amazing, Volunteering solutions by far are the most informative organization.
The week at the islands was amazing and a great end to the trip. Additionally, all of the extra excursions that our program leader had planned for us were amazing! .
Thailand has taught me so over the past month that I will take and cherish with me forever! I'm already looking into a new program for next year 2017! .
The best memories of my trip are experiencing the culture, food, people, cities and landscapes around different parts of Thailand ..
I loved every minute of my trip to Thailand, even the super sweaty parts! It definitely makes me appreciate things in America a lot more than I did before..
I had an absolutely amazing time in Thailand. VolSol staff helped us in adjusting to the culture shock of Thailand and helping us learn and submerge ourselves in the culture..
I loved my placement. The kids were so much fun and the staff was really nice and helpful. I think the kids were very excited about us volunteers being there. And the staff at the project definitely appreciated us being there..
The highlight of my trip is being with elephants and meeting thai people. I learn a lot about my self and the Thai culture. It's an amazing experience that I really want to do again. I will never forget it. .
I like meeting new people from all around the world and get to know the health system in Thailand. Also the weekend trips were great, I would recommend it to each of my friends..
I am very grateful that your organization provided a positive opportunity/experience to volunteer abroad. I have wanted to volunteer abroad for a very long time and with this experience I look forward to many more..
The elephant village gave me a lot of joy, I gained peace of mind adapting to a different lifestyle, also I enjoyed the kids daycare in Surin..
My highlight of the experience was visiting and working at the elephant village in Surin. It was definitely one of the top three highlights of my entire life!.
I learned new cultures and met lots of other great volunteers from all over the globe. The program itself was educational and unique..
I had the best month of my life and I would recommend it to anyone even contemplating the idea. It's more than just volunteering as you get to travel and see amazing sights you haven't and will never see again..
I totally enjoyed my placement. The in-country staff was very nice. Working at The elephant village was the best part of our trip. .
I have found so much happiness in Thailand surrounded by these amazing smiling kids and everyone around. I've learnt a lot about myself, moral values and life and opened my heart like never before. .
Meeting new people and clinical experience in my healthcare program is the highlight of my volunteering experience. .
I absolutely loved my trip, was easily the best trip I have ever experienced. I wish I could do it again but I wanna go to a different country with Volunteering Solutions..
I just wanted to thank you for everything and this three week ThaiIand program was beyond amazing! I had the time of my life! It was so much fun and the coordinators were incredible.
Bangkok - Thailand Program Cost