Volunteering for children in Morocco at these orphanages and childcare homes is a challenging and satisfying experience at the same time. The contribution of volunteers is helpful at two levels. Firstly , they can help with daily tasks at the orphanage which would in turn help the staff at the orphanage. Secondly, they can spend time with the children and give them the much needed love and attention, which they are deprived of. Our volunteers are looked upon as role models by these children and make a positive impact on their lives.
Volunteer tasks under the Childcare Program in Morocco
Joining a volunteer project for childcare in Morocco brings along a high level of responsibility and dedication. Volunteer, typically, will be required to execute the following tasks;
- Help children in painting, doing and arranging activities, doing art & craft, teaching basic English/ Maths/ French etc.
- Spend time with these children and play with them to help them and make them feel wanted.
- Engage the children in whatever activity or skill you posses, such as dancing, singing, painting.
- Work with children with special needs and spend time with them, playing, organizing, teaching and doing art & craft activities, singing and dancing.
Childcare Program Volunteers Schedule
Volunteering Solutions provide accommodation in Morocco with a local host family or a at a volunteer house in Rabat. The schedule for the volunteers remains as follows;
- Sunday - Arrival at Rabat
- Monday - Orientation + introduction to the placement (commute + local staff + kids +
- places to eat, etc.). Orientation session will be conducted by the local coordinator, covering topic areas; such as safety, culture, language, places to visit, behaviour, food, and other suggestion over things to do in Morocco.
- Tuesday to Fri - Volunteer work
- Breakfast - 08:00 am onwards (provided at the accommodation)
- Leave for the project - 09:00 am
- Working hours at the placement - 10:00 am to 05:00 pm
- Lunch - 12:00 pm onwards (volunteers need to manage lunch on their own)
- Dinner - 08:00 pm onwards (provided at the accommodation)
Weekends - Free to explore the city, and do activities such as;
- Travel with their other volunteers to Fez, Marrakech, Chefchouan Marrakech or the Marzouga the desert. Explore the world's heritage sites of Rabat such as Hassan Tower, Kasbah Oudaya, Chellah, the beach, the Souks inside the Medina and more
Note: Please note, the schedule may vary depending on the particular project the volunteer is participating on.
Morocco Program Booking
Volunteering Solutions Morocco Reviews
I really appreciate everything for this volunteering program. Volunteering at a nursery school was a good experience to me studying education.
We enjoyed every minute of our stay in Rabat. We feel blessed to have had this opportunity to spend time with these beautiful kids. .
The in-country support staff were excellent, very friendly, helpful and professional. The highlight of my trip was learning about Moroccan and North African culture and the struggles it faces. .
It was the best experience ever. I loved the school, loved the home I stayed in and loved Morocco!.
I really enjoyed at my project site and my experience was impressive and I think my work was appreciated by the school staff. .
They made me participate to their work and gave me many information. Real interactions with people, cultural exchanges, different problems and situations faced were undoubtedly the highlight from this trip..
I really liked my program placement and it's actually simple work but requires patience and care to others. The week tree really changes a lot thoughts of me. Every single day is a memorable and precious to me..
Morocco Program Cost