Day 1: Sacred valley – Aguas Calientes (Machupicchu)
Around 7:30 a.m we’ll depart to visit the Sacred Valley of the Incas. You’ll visit Chinchero a Colonial village that keeps a nice Church with mural paintings and an Inca remains, this sector is one of the higher places of Cusco, with this beautiful landscapes you will arrive in Moray, this place was a kind of greenhouse for Incas, where they acclimatized different product to take those to other regions, then we will take you to the Salt Mines (Salineras), where there are more than 4000 fountain of natural salt that are still being worked by local people, after visit this place we’ll continue to Arrive in Urubamba where you’ll have a free time to have lunch, then following the Wilcamayu River (Sacred River) we arrive in Ollantaytambo, the other Inca site where you‘ll find one of the few places in Cusco and Peru where people continue living on the Inca Construction.
You’ll finish the tour approximately at 15:00 hours, after a short free time you have to go the train station of Ollantaytambo to take the train to AGUAS CALIENTES (town of Machupicchu – 90 minutes), once you arrive, the hostel’s staff will be waiting for you with the name of the accommodation, you’ll meet with the guide of Machupicchu in your hostel to talk about the itinerary for the next day tour in the Sanctuary of Machu Picchu.
Day 2: Machupicchu – Cusco
After breakfast in the hostel, you’ll take a bus to arrive at Machu Pichu after 25 minutes, the guide will be waiting for you at the archaeological site of Machu Picchu at the decided time. The group has two hours of a guided tour in the Sanctuary. Then you’ll have free time (the Sanctuary is open until 17:00 hours) to visit Machupicchu on your own. Go back to Aguas Calientes town to take the train until Ollantaytambo. You have to be half an hour before at the train station. At Ollantaytambo look for your name to bring you back to Cusco by bus. You’ll be in Cusco at 22:30 hours.
- Briefing one day before of the trip
- Tourist bus and tour guide around the Sacred Valley tour (Day 1)
- Round trip train tickets (Day 1 and 2)
- Overnight in a hostel (shared room)
- Bus Tickets to go up in Machupicchu (Day 2)
- Entrance ticket to Machupicchu (Day 2)
- Tour guide in Machupicchu (Day 2)
- Transportation in Ollantaytambo to come back to Cusco (Day 2)
- The entrance tickets for the Sacred Valley
- Bus tickets to go back to Aguas Calientes (Day 2)
- Meals (There is a great variety of restaurants from US$ 8)
- Entrance fee to Waynapicchu mountain US$ 15.00 (this is a hiking of 2 and 1/2 hours) if you want to climb up this mountain you have to tell us before because there are only 400 spaces per day
- Taxis to accommodation
Note: Prices are for tours in shared service (group tour), groups of 15 to 20 people.
What you need to take:
- The tickets that are given in the briefing a day before your trip
- General Entrance tickets to visit the Sacred Valley
- Original Student card
- Original Passport (This is requested to take the trains, the buses and to get into Machupicchu)
- Small rucksack (backpack) smaller than 30 liters
- Repellent for Mosquitos
- Water, Snacks
- Rain Poncho (The climate is quite changeable it is better to be forewarned)
- Comfortable clothes (somewhat warm) when you leave early and return late is a bit cold, it’s better to feel comfortable with your temperature