The thought of paying a certain amount in order to volunteer abroad would strike anyone. However, if one digs into the matter, he/she will easily understand why it is necessary to pay. A volunteer trip has several costs associated with it - which the concerned organization has to effectively manage.
Volunteering Solutions is not supported by any government funding and runs entirely from the fee that volunteers pay to take part in the volunteering programs.
The money paid by the volunteers include everything starting from their airport pickup, transport, accommodation, meals and other inclusions as mentioned in the program details. A certain amount from that cost is spent on the project development and also to cover the administrative costs.
Money is typically spent on the following:
Administration includes the following:-
- Advertising Online/Offline
- Salaries for staff
- NGO financial help
- Communication with volunteers and partners, by phone/email etc.
- International travel done by our staff to monitor projects and attend local meetings with partners
- Website maintenance.
- Government taxes
- Credit Card processing charges
- In country maintenance of offices, vehicles etc
- Staff recruitment
- Volunteer recruitment
- Maintaining office and other expenses