At the 8.30am meet at Regocijo park. In a tourist bus, we travel from Cusco past Saqsaywaman & Tambomachay, over the mountains toward the Sacred Valley. We descend 1500 feet to the valley floor of the sacred Urubamba river and the village of Pisac where we will visit a traditional market and you can buy some local souvenirs. We then drive up to explore the extensive ruins of Pisac with stunning views over the valley.
On the guided walk into the Citadel of Pisac, you can observe temples, residences, altars, channels, carvings, tunnels/caves and the famous Intihuatana “The hitching post of the Sun". For those who would prefer to spend more time in the market instead of visiting the ruins, advise your guide so he can organize a time and place to pick you up when returning through the market.
We continue on to Urubamba where we stop for you to buy lunch. A further 30 mins drive takes us to Ollantaytambo surrounded by the sacred mountains, where we will again discover the magnificence of the Incan constructions, the amazing temple of the Sun, enormous blocks of rock perfectly carved and polished, stone water fountains, stairs, terraces and the beauty of the local people in their traditional dress, all surrounded by the sacred mountains and Valley of Patacancha and Willoq.
On our return, we quickly visit the famous church and archeological site in Chincheros, arriving to Cusco at about 6:30 pm 7.30 pm
What is Included:
- Shared bus journey
- English speaking tour guide
- Pisac market visit for around 25 minutes
- Visit Pisac ruins for around 90 minutes
- Urubamba for lunch for around 45mins
- Visit Ollantaytambo for around 1 hour
- Visit of Chincheros for around 30mins
What is not Included:
- Entrance ticket to visit 3 Inca Archaeological sites 23 USD per person
- Lunch in Urubamba
We recommend that you bring:
- Water bottle, camera, sunscreen lotion, hat
- Rain jacket or rain poncho
- Money for lunch and souvenirs
- Comfortable sturdy walking shoes or runners
- Cusco Tourist Ticket
- Warm clothes to return to Cusco