Medical Volunteers can make significant impact in the lives of the locals by working at the clinic and providing free medical services to them. On the brighter side, volunteers get to perform in a pressure pit, pushing their limits and also gaining practical hands- on knowledge while at it. This is a special medical volunteering opportunity in rural areas where in volunteers get involved with other public health projects, such as Annual Medical Mission or Annual Medical Check-up for all children enrolled under various social development projects. By volunteering at this site, students embarking on a career in health care will be able to gain valuable experience. Established professionals will have the opportunity to share their knowledge and skills whilst learning about health care conditions in Philippines.
Participants joining this program must be a medical student, nursing student, nurse, doctor or other medical specialist. The project has a minimum participation requirement of 4 weeks.
Volunteer tasks under the rural medical clinic program in Philippines
Our international volunteers can use their medical qualification and expertise to handle day to day activities at the clinic. Some of the activities you will perform (not limited to this):
- Assisting the local doctor with daily consultations
- Helping with local government based initiatives such as vaccinations or deworming
- Visit local barangays during community clinic consultations
- Conducting workshops (depending on their experience.)
- Conduct community clinic consultations by visiting local communities.
Volunteers may also have the opportunity to assist in pre-natal seminars and other community based health workshops.
Rural medical clinic program schedule
Volunteers joining rural medical volunteer program in Philippines will be accommodated with a host family in Tacloban city. The accommodation facility is in close distance vicinity to the program placement. A typical volunteer schedule under this program is as follows;
- Sunday - Arrival
- Monday - Orientation. Orientation session will be conducted by the local coordinator, covering topic areas; such as safety, culture, language, places to visit, behaviour, food, another suggestion over things to do in Philippines.
- Tuesday to Friday - Volunteer Work
- Breakfast - 6:00 am
- Volunteer work - 08:00 am to 12:00 pm and 01:30 pm to 04:00 pm
- Lunch - 12:00 pm to 01:00 pm (volunteers need to arrange lunch at own cost. They can choose to go home and cook for lunch or can buy a meal at any of the nearest food joints.)
- Dinner - 06:00 pm onwards
Weekends - Free to explore the city
Note: Please note, the schedule may vary depending on the particular project the volunteer is participating on.
Philippines Program Booking
Volunteering Solutions Philippines Reviews
It's funny because you go into volunteering expecting to give, but in the end, you get more out of it than you could ever imagine..
At school the kids were so nice and so lovely, they relly enjoy having foreigners as teachers and they even make sure that one perceives their affection..
This volunteering experience was so rewarding and opened my eyes to the world around me. This opportunity has given me a new perspective and I felt like I was able to truly make a difference in the lives of those I worked with. .
For sure! I'm really glad to participate in the program. Teachers were very kind with us as well as the students. This was the opportunity I was looking for..
Philippines Program Cost