Amritsar is one of the most important cities in Indian state of Punjab. Amritsar is world famous for the Golden Temple, one of the most important Sikh pilgrim centers in the world. Not only Sikhs, but millions of people of all religions visit this holy site from across the world. Amritsar was also one of the active regions in the freedom struggle of India. Here in Amritsar at Jalianwala Bagh, a massacre took place on 19th April 1919 in which British soldiers killed hundreds of people in an open fire. This program would give you the glimpse of the Punjabi culture and give you a nice weekend break.
- Visit to famous Golden Temple
- Visit to Jallianwala Bagh (Martyr’s Garden)
Day 1 – Delhi-Amritsar (by air-conditioned Deluxe Train) / Visit to Golden Temple
Sat Shri Akal!! As you board the train at 7 am at Delhi going to Amritsar, your great weekend trip begins!! Enjoy the train journey with a having a cup of tea and snacks on board. As you arrive at Amritsar station at 1.45 pm, our representative would meet you and take you to the booked hotel. You can have lunch at the hotel (at own cost) and relax for some time. In late afternoon, at 4 pm, we will take you to Jalianwala Bagh. At this ground, hundreds of people were killed in an open fire made by British soldiers on 13th April 1919. Later you will walk to the Golden Temple. See the temple complex in day time and then when it’s illuminated after it becomes dark. Meet your driver at parking area at 7.30 pm and transfer to the hotel. You can have dinner in the hotel or at a nearby restaurant (at own cost). Overnight stay at Amritsar.
Day 2 – Visit to Durgiana temple, Govindgarh Fort and Panorama / Amritsar-Delhi (by air-conditioned deluxe train)
Enjoy the breakfast at the hotel. At around 10 am, check out from the hotel. Later you will visit Durgiana Temple, Govindgarh Fort and Maharaja Ranjit Singh Panorama. You can have lunch at a local restaurant (at own cost). At 4 pm we will transfer you to train station in Amritsar for taking train to New Delhi. Enjoy refreshment and snacks on board. At New Delhi station meet our coordinator and then you will be taken to volunteer house. (Breakfast)
End of the tour!!
Please note that due to parking and traffic restrictions; the vehicle would not go up to the Golden Temple. It can go only up to the parking area from where the visitor needs to walk to the Golden Temple and Jalianwala Bagh.
- • Delhi-Amritsar-Delhi AC chair car train ticket.
• 1 night and 2 days accommodation in Amritsar.
• AC chauffer driven vehicle for 2 days for transfers and sightseeing as mentioned in itinerary.
• Visits to the Golden Temple and Jalianwala Bagh as specified in the itinerary.
• Currently applicable hotel and government taxes.
• Parking and toll charges and driver allowances.
Trip does not include
- • Any personal expenses, TIPS, porter charges.
• Any meals apart from those included.
• Any soft drinks, beer or liquor bills, telephone, laundry charges and expenses of personal nature.
• Room service charges and mini bar consumption charges.
• Any camera fees, entry fees, additional guide charges.
• Any other services which are not mentioned in the package.
Itinerary can be changed during the tour due to operational reasons.
All activities are subject to be operational due to any conditions, circumstances or weather. Sightseeing services and any other services may be partially or fully canceled and/or amended due to bad weather, heavy rains, natural calamities, local conditions, strikes, political reasons and/or due to any reasons beyond our control. No refund will be given in such circumstances.