You need to have some knowledge of either Arabic or have basic level of French to take part in this program. You can also opt to learn Arabic or French while volunteering under this program.
Volunteer tasks under the Women Empowerment program in Morocco
Volunteers working for women empowerment in Morocco will be expected to fulfill the following tasks on a daily basis;
- Help the NGOs with work on various different projects
- Provide support in IT related work; such as website update, social media, typing and maintaining of records.
- Work with women to teach them skills such as sewing, painting, cooking, computer and other skills which can help them in their daily lives.
- Provide counseling and monitoring.
- Provide guidance for nutritional and wholesome diet.
- Assist the local staff in organizing adult literacy classes for women.
- Help and give computer training to these women in the organization.
Women Empowerment Program Volunteer Schedule
Volunteering Solutions provide accommodation in Morocco with a local host family or a at a volunteer house in Rabat. The schedule for the volunteers remains as follows;
- Sunday - Arrival at Rabat
- Monday - Orientation + introduction to the placement (commute + local staff + kids +
- places to eat, etc.). Orientation session will be conducted by the local coordinator, covering topic areas; such as safety, culture, language, places to visit, behaviour, food, and other suggestion over things to do in Morocco.
- Tuesday to Fri - Volunteer work
- Breakfast - 08:00 am onwards (provided at the accommodation)
- Leave for the project - 09:00 am
- Working hours at the placement - 10:00 am to 05:00 pm
- Lunch - 12:00 pm onwards (volunteers need to manage lunch on their own)
- Dinner - 08:00 pm onwards (provided at the accommodation)
Weekends - Free to explore the city, and do activities such as;
- Travel with their other volunteers to Fez, Marrakech, Chefchouan Marrakech or the Marzouga the desert. Explore the world's heritage sites of Rabat such as Hassan Tower, Kasbah Oudaya, Chellah, the beach, the Souks inside the Medina and more
Note: Please note, the schedule may vary depending on the particular project the volunteer is participating on.
Morocco Program Booking
Volunteering Solutions Morocco Reviews
I really appreciate everything for this volunteering program. Volunteering at a nursery school was a good experience to me studying education.
We enjoyed every minute of our stay in Rabat. We feel blessed to have had this opportunity to spend time with these beautiful kids. .
The in-country support staff were excellent, very friendly, helpful and professional. The highlight of my trip was learning about Moroccan and North African culture and the struggles it faces. .
It was the best experience ever. I loved the school, loved the home I stayed in and loved Morocco!.
I really enjoyed at my project site and my experience was impressive and I think my work was appreciated by the school staff. .
They made me participate to their work and gave me many information. Real interactions with people, cultural exchanges, different problems and situations faced were undoubtedly the highlight from this trip..
I really liked my program placement and it's actually simple work but requires patience and care to others. The week tree really changes a lot thoughts of me. Every single day is a memorable and precious to me..
Morocco Program Cost