One of the main problems facing those who have left behind their addictions and life on the street is finding employment due to their lack of education and skills. As a result the project has created a carpentry work shop as well as a bakery that young people and adults can come and receive training and various courses.
Activities for Volunteers
- Help children with their homework
- Help with food preparation, especially during the lunchtime which can be very chaotic and busy
- Assist the youngest children and make sure they clean up after themselves.
- Help in the carpentry workshop
- School visits (the centre needs to keep a check on the children enrolled at school and regularly visit the local schools to ask about a certain child’s attendance, grades, ability etc.)
- Prepare recreational activities to be carried out when the children finish their homework or during their breaks
- Assist in hygiene education such as hand washing and brushing teeth-Supervise and assist children when they are allowed to use the I.T. room for their homework
Ecuador Program Booking
Volunteering Solutions Ecuador Reviews
I liked my project very much. Volunteering in Quito with children was an unforgettable experience! Totally worth it! .
I enjoyed our day trip to the swimming pool with the kids and putting a smile on their faces everyday. I liked meeting the other people and seeing the background of a subject I had no experience. .
Your staff is extremely responsive and helpful. Overall it was a pleasure to work with the children. They are eager to learn English and I enjoyed seeing their smiling faces every day..
I absolutely loved working at the orphanage. The nuns were wonderful and I truly feel it is a wonderful place for the kids. I would highly recommend this project to anyone. I do not want to leave..
The Organization was brilliant. Value for money and offers just as much as the other companies out there who charge double..
Quito - Ecuador Program Costs